Well, Thanksgiving was at our house this year, Grandma Helen came up from Dallas and good friends joined our group as well for a total of 19 for dinner.
Thus, to get out of the kitchen, we took the opportunity to fry our first turkey. Tom and I had practiced with a chicken a few days before to ensure total success. With freezing temperatures in the low 20's, but plenty of wine and scotch to keep us warm, we fried two turkeys and they were a huge hit. Of course the next day it was about 50 degrees outside and sunny. Go figure.
Thus, to get out of the kitchen, we took the opportunity to fry our first turkey. Tom and I had practiced with a chicken a few days before to ensure total success. With freezing temperatures in the low 20's, but plenty of wine and scotch to keep us warm, we fried two turkeys and they were a huge hit. Of course the next day it was about 50 degrees outside and sunny. Go figure.
See how prepared we are???? Can you see the fire extinguisher?
PS. Now Tom and I want to fry everything...look for us next summer at the Iowa State Fair.
Yes, I am wearing a turkey on my head. Cole is wearing a 'pilgrim' hat and I am holding light sabers. Isn't this what Thanksgiving is all about? May the force be with you.



